28 Strategies and Skills of effective study
Strategies and Skills of effective study: The basic aim of study is to learn. Each and every man learns from birth to death. Following are the main skills and strategies of effective learning.
- Social Strategies: Social strategies are strategies related to social networking of a person. Members of social network include friends, family, other students, members of society.
Always stay connected to your friends to get help at right time. Your family is also a great choice. They will provide you all the resources needed you at the right time. Some other people like teachers around you or other counselors are also important. Take help from these people to take the right decision. If you feel isolated contact your good friends that help you in your problems.
- Physical Strategies: Physical strategies means to care of your health. It is important to sleep well. It is also important to eat good and nutritious diet. Consult your doctor in any physical or mental problem. Your little worries can hinder your success.
Pay close attention to physical exercise as it keeps your mind fresh.
- Emotional Strategies: Some time strong emotion arises in our mind. To use these emotions in a right way one can get into a right goal. Sometimes a person thinks that if he adopts a specific method he can succeed. Use that specific method that is right for you. Keep in mind to always think of a positive decision.
- Cognitive and Mental strategies Or Improve Your Mind-set:Your thinking is also as important as your study. Always think positive. Think about your skills and abilities. Avoid negative thinking. Always connect with good friends. Avoid comparing yourself with others; Each and every one has different mental abilities. Think of the abilities you have in mind. And choose your own path. No one can think better of you than you.
- Motivational Strategies: Sometime we lost our motivation. So always be motivated towards your goal. Think of your degree. Think of how to get your degree in a great grade. Think of how to celebrate your success. Think of how to get a good job in future. Think why you are here in the school, college or university. What is your aim of studying? Think of what are your goals in future. Think of what you are doing and what you are here at school, college or university.
- Willingness to Learn (Interest in study):It is important to take an interest in study to gain a fuller understanding and to make the study more effective. If you are not interested in studying, it will not be worthwhile to read
- Self-explanation: It is important to relate new knowledge to the previous knowledge you have.
- Understanding the aim of reading: It is important to understand the aim of reading. The aim of reading is to gain good grades in examination a good job after studying.
- The Right Place of Study (Where to Study): The right place of study is a room where there is no disturbance.
- Constant Practice: Some subjects need constant experience like mathematics.