28 Strategies and Skills of effective study
Strategies and Skills of effective study: The basic aim of study is to learn. Each and every man learns from birth to death. Following are the main skills and strategies of effective learning.
Social strategies are strategies related to social networking of a person. Members of social network include friends, family, other students, members of society.
Always stay connected to your friends to get help at right time. Your family is also a great choice. They will provide you all the resources needed you at the right time. Some other people like teachers around you or other counselors are also important. Take help from these people to take the right decision. If you feel isolated contact your good friends that help you in your problems.
Physical strategies means to care of your health. It is important to sleep well. It is also important to eat good and nutritious diet. Consult your doctor in any physical or mental problem. Your little worries can hinder your success.
Pay close attention to physical exercise as it keeps your mind fresh.
Some time strong emotion arises in our mind. To use these emotions in a right way one can get into a right goal. Sometimes a person thinks that if he adopts a specific method he can succeed. Use that specific method that is right for you. Keep in mind to always think of a positive decision.
Cognitive and Mental strategies Or Improve Your Mind-set:
Your thinking is also as important as your study. Always think positive. Think about your skills and abilities. Avoid negative thinking. Always connect with good friends. Avoid comparing yourself with others; Each and every one has different mental abilities. Think of the abilities you have in mind. And choose your own path. No one can think better of you than you.
Sometime we lost our motivation. So always be motivated towards your goal. Think of your degree. Think of how to get your degree in a great grade. Think of how to celebrate your success. Think of how to get a good job in future. Think why you are here in the school, college or university. What is your aim of studying? Think of what are your goals in future. Think of what you are doing and what you are here at school, college or university.
Willingness to Learn (Interest in study):
It is important to take an interest in study to gain a fuller understanding and to make the study more effective. If you are not interested in studying, it will not be worthwhile to read
It is important to relate new knowledge to the previous knowledge you have.
Understanding the aim of reading:
It is important to understand the aim of reading. The aim of reading is to gain good grades in examination a good job after studying.
The Right Place of Study (Where to Study):
The right place of study is a room where there is no disturbance.
Some subjects need constant experience like mathematics.
Outline and Rewrite Your Notes:
Write good notes and with the passage of time cut unnecessary parts of the notes that you not further needed. It reduce burden on you.
Pull your scattered ideas together:
Notes + Textbook + Teacher tips + Assignments + other
The Right Time to Study:
Identify the right time for study. Identify during which you are most energetic. Some people feel more energetic at morning while some at night. Study at that time that is suitable for you.
Play memory games that enhance your memory.
Work out The Learning Goals:
The good students not blindly follow teacher. Good student think about the aims and objectives of the study material. Understand each and every topic.
Make a Schedule or Manage Your Time:
Make a proper time table for your study.
Ask a friend to make a test for you. Solve the test and check your understanding.
Be the Tortoise:
Be the tortoise means work slowly but continuously.
Do not attempt to cram your study into one session OR A Schedule Saves Time :
Divide your study into several breaks.
- Getting the Main Idea: Get the main idea or hints and make good and easy notes that save your time and that can be easily understandable.
- Find the subject area where you face difficulty: Find the subject area that is difficult and study that topic at the time when you are energetic.
- Studying with the Concentration and Attention: Study slowly and understand the topic. Memorization is not a source of pleasure.
- Everything is not Totally Understandable: Sometime memorization is required like in case of a definition, etc.
- Stuck! Ask Question and Get Answers: When you stuck in a topic ask question from your teachers and colleagues. Select the answer that easy to understand from a list of answers.
- Discussion Help in Learning More: Studying in group is another way of better learning.
- Do not Begin Study Directly after Meal: Wait for approximately 30 or more minutes.
- Use Your Own Words: Translate the topic into your own words for better understanding.
- Mental and Physical Independence: Unlimited and limited Thinking. Unconditional and unlimited mental independence.